Terms & Conditions
- Check In
- Check in at The Bull Hotel is between 4pm and 10pm. We are able to check in guests outside these times but only with prior notification. Although we do our best to accommodate all arrivals, it is the guest’s responsibility to advise us of an arrival outside the check-in time frame. Check out on the day of departure is 11am.
- We provide bathroom toiletries from The Wold Garden for guests to use during their stay. If, for some reason, they do find a way into your bags on departure, a charge of £25.00 per bottle will be made to your credit card.
- Room keys; please leave room keys at reception if when going out for the day and at check out. Lost keys will be charged at £35.00.
- An additional cleaning cost will be applied in the event of damage to linen and or furnishings. Should a room require excessive cleaning, appropriate charges will be made. Any additional damage to property within The Bull Hotel will be at the cost of the guest.
- Friday and Saturday Night room bookings
- When booking either a Friday or Saturday night The Bull Hotel has a minimum two-night stay policy.
- Wedding accommodation bookings are only accepted at the weekend when booking two consecutive nights.
- In addition, periodically The Bull Hotel has one, two and three night dinner, bed and breakfast offer , The Mid Week Stay and Dine Around Offer, and a two-night weekend dinner bed and breakfast offer, these offers are not available during festive periods such as Easter, Cheltenham, Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Year.
- The Offer includes, bed, breakfast and one three course al a carte lunch or dinner per resident per day. Supplements are applied for steak and side dishes. Beverages are not included in the offer.
- Single Occupancy
- All of the rooms have a single occupancy room rate when booking at the weekend, during the week (Sunday to Thursday) the room tariffs are lower than the weekend single occupancy rate.
- Room bookings
- All rooms without exception are paid for in full at time of booking.
- Room cancellation policy
- Room cancellation policy; The Bull Hotel requires three days’ notice prior to arrival to be entitled to a full refund. With two days’ notice prior to arrival we are happy to move your booking to an alternative date. After this point you lose all entitlement.
- Group and Festive bookings
- Group and Festive bookings (e.g. Christmas, Easter, New Year etc)
- We require 21 days’ notice of cancellation or part cancellation or any change to the dates of the original booking. All rooms are paid in full at the time of booking. This also applies to group bookings.
- Accepted Credit Cards
- Accepted credits cards are Visa, Mastercard and Amex. Unfortunately, we will not be accepting Diners International.
- Credit card details are entered on a secured page on the eviivo.com booking system. They are transferred using SSL or another technology, depending on what applies.
- The room rate includes VAT and breakfast, which comprises of tea or coffee, fresh juices, toast, pastries and conserves, fresh fruit, preserved fruit, cereals, charcuterie and cheeses. A menu of cooked breakfast items will also be offered and charged accordingly.
- We recommend that a reservation is placed for lunch and dinner, especially during busy periods and in particular at the weekends at the time of booking your room. Booking a room does not automatically guarantee a table in the dining room.
- For lunch or dinner reservations for groups of more than 18 we have our function room ‘The Bull Room”. Please call our team to discuss dining options, room hire and menus.
- Restaurant Reservations Cancellation Policy
- As hosts and restaurateurs we strive to make the process of booking a table with us as simple as possible. Unfortunately, recent experiences have made it necessary for us to introduce a cancellation policy; for parties above eight people, we now ask for credit card details to secure all restaurant bookings. You can cancel your reservation up to 72 hours prior to your booking time. For late cancellations and no-shows, you may incur a £10 fee per person, should we be unable to sell your table to other diners.
- Service Charge
- Service charge is at the diner’s discretion. For tables of eight or more a 12.5% discretionary service charge is added to the final bill.
- Bringing Your Own Wine
- Guests wishing to bring their own wine to consume in the restaurant may do so by prior consultation with the hotel manager. A corkage charge will be made of £19.95 per bottle for wine, £27.50 per bottle for sparkling wine and £49.00 per bottle for champagne.
- Bringing Children
- Our family rooms can accommodate two adults and up to two children from 0-12 years old. The layout includes one double bed and either a sofa bed or zed beds. Zed beds may be used in a few of our larger rooms at the fee of £45.00 per bed per night including breakfast.
- All of the bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms rooms, with the exception of room 12 and room 14 featuring separate baths.
- Cots for babies are not provided by the Bull Hotel, please feel free to bring your own travel cots.
- We have two open courtyards located in the front and rear of the Inn for those who wish to smoke tobacco. All internal areas of The Bull Hotel are non-smoking.
- Car Parking
- There is no onsite parking at The Bull Hotel. Parking spaces can be found in the town market place situated outside The Bull Hotel, the church side of the high street and the town car park just a few minutes stroll form The Bull Hotel. Please be mindful not to block the bus stops and access to the village houses. Parking is at your own risk.
- Tuesday evenings, residents are kindly asked not to park in the town market square, Wednesday is market day, cars parked in the market square will be removed. We suggest parking in the town car park located at the north end of the high street just a few minutes stroll from The Bull Hotel.
- There are no dog friendly rooms available at The Bull Hotel.
- We welcome dogs in our bar, however we are not permitted to have dogs in the dining rooms.
- Accessibility for disabled patrons
- Before you arrive
We always encourage telephone enquiries so that we can discuss your requirements before you arrive. Our staff are ready to assist anyone with mobility problems or in a wheelchair.
- Car Parking
There are disabled parking spaces at the front of the Hotel in the market Square.
Our dining rooms are located on various levels of the ground floor. We are happy to book tables in the most accessible part of our bar area for wheelchair users where there are no steps. Full waiter service is provided at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary needs.
- Our menu is printed and can be verbally presented or provided in larger print if required.
- There is ample moveable seating and if needed we have chairs without arms. The restaurant area is not well-lit, with the exception of our front dining room with lots of natural daylight during daytime hours.
All of the bedrooms at The Bull Hotel are accessed via stairs, being a listed building there is no lift access to the rooms and we feel are not suited to wheelchairs.
The Bull Hotel has an accessible cloakroom in the central corridor of the Hotel, fitted with handrails for customers requiring wheel chair access or those with reduced mobility.
- The Five Alls at Filkins has garden ground floor rooms that we feel are suitable for wheelchair users.